Some members of the opposition NDC and election watchers seem to be doing some introspection with regards to why and how power slipped out of the party’s hands so easily, in the 2016 general elections.
Some political players and watchers believe there are varied reasons for the party’s defeat, spanning the inability of the party’s presidential candidate, former president John Dramani Mahama to crack the whip, his handling by inexperienced ‘babies with sharp teeth’ and the party’s inability to iron issues out with the founder, former President Jerry John Rawlings among other issues.
Below are some15 reasons why these political watchers believe culminated in the defeat of the NDC in the last elections as put together by some watchers.
WHY AND HOW JOHN MAHAMA NDC LOST and IS LOOSING POWER
- John mahama was handled and mishandled by inexperienced babes with Sharp teeth.
- John mahama couldn’t crack the whip
- The Genesis to his presidency weakened him
- NDC yesterday is not the NDC today
- Idiot’s were and are glorified while the wise are tied to a one corner
5.The barking dog that could and would scare the enemies were tied to a one corner and the enemies came unnoticed.
- While NPP made friends with the Kingmaker, NDC were and is fighting with him
- Nana Addo was by far experience is electioneering than John Mahama, meanwhile he was underrated.
- Nana Addo went through fire and total scrutiny in hands of Ghanaians and became diamond in the same hands.
- NDC has sadly forgotten that JJ Rawlings has spiritual bonding with the party.
- National Democratic Congress yesterday where leaders were mentored and endorsed has now become national destruction Congress having destroyed and are destroying almost all the best talents.
- How could you send your own founder and eagle eye to Court on Abacha gift in an election year?
- Bawumia moved the politics from hooliganism to economics while NDC promoted propagandas to manage the finance.
- NDC promotes propaganda and hooliganism while their economic gurus were and are relegated.
- The order of power John Mahama- Ammisah Auther- Doe Adjaho but it was John Mahama- Lordina- Ibrahim Mahama
- Not even a single sustainable social intervention.