The Concerned Voters Movement (CVM) has taken a dig at former president John Dramani Mahama again, this time, for positing that his track record in terms of governance is better than that of President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo.
But the pressure group in a statement signed by its Founder and president, Mr. Razak Kojo Opoku said the former president who is also the Presidential candidate of the opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC) for the 2020 elections has shot himself in the foot by making such a comparison.
BestNewsGH.com reports the group as citing prolonged dumsor, collapse of businesses, cancellation of teacher and nursing trainee allowances and massive corruption among others as a few of the scandals that characterized Mr. Mahama’s administration.
Read the full text of the group’s statement below:
Mahama Has More Outstanding Corruption and Incompetence Track Records Than Akufo-Addo
According to John Mahama he has outstanding track records than President Akufo-Addo. This is a preposterous statement from John Mahama.
When it comes to the benchmark of Corruption, incompetence, mismanagement and waste of Public resources, yes Ghanaians and the whole World agree that John Mahama is incomparable to none.
But on the grounds of good governance, accountability, incorruptible Personality, prudent management of Public resources, Competencies and delivery of Campaign promises, President Akufo-Addo is far far ahead of Corrupt John Mahama.
We are asking Mr. John Mahama to reflect and be sober minded on his failures during his tenure including:
- Prolonged Dumsor
- Collapse of businesses
- Inability to complete his proposed 200 SHS Community Day School Project
- Cancellation of allowances for Teachers and Nursing trainees
- Freeze on Public Sector Recruitment due to IMF Conditions.
- Collapse of NHIS Policy
- Killer Taxes on the business Community
- Massive Corruption Scandals ever since 4th Republic.
- Mismanagement of the Economy including high Inflation rate, depreciation of the cedi, unreasonable Policy Rates and High Interest Rates.
- Gross Disrespect to the Christian Community and Ghanaians in general.
- Arrogant and Pompous display of Power including attacks on J. J. Rawlings, Pastors and Traditional Leaders of the Country.
- ‘Stupid’ display of create, loot and share including dashing away over 90% of the Country’s Bauxite Concessions to Mahama’s Family.
- Inability to investigate the sudden death of Prof. Mills.
John Mahama, respectfully, these were some of your outstanding track records in Government and don’t you ever think that Ghanaians would forget so soon.
Razak Kojo Opoku
(CVM Founder and President)