The Coalition of Unemployed Nurses have expressed their profound gratitude to President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo and the Ministry of Health for clearing and posting some of their colleagues who completed school in 2016.
According to the group, the clearance is just 25 percent of what government has to do and is hopeful that processes leading to the clearance of the remaining 75 percent will be expedited promptly.
‘’The 2017 batch of Nurses (NAC & NAP and RGN, RMN, RM) with a total number of about 20,000 are yet to be given financial clearance. We are pleading on government and the Ministry of Health to as a matter of urgency release the financial clearance to this groups of nurses on time in order to avoid psychological trauma that the previous batches were taken through by government’’.
Read the full statement below:
APPRECIATION TO THE PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF GHANA AND MINISTRY OF HEALTH (MOH) FOR CLEARING AND POSTING SOME OF OUR MEMBERS.
Coalition of Unemployed Nurses wishes to express our sincere gratitude to the president of the republic of Ghana, His Excellency Nana Addo Dankwah Akufo Addo and the Ministry of Health for clearing and posting the 2016 Nurses Assistant Preventive (NAP), Nurses Assistance Clinical (NAC) and the 2016 registered general nurses and midwives. We believe that the government has done quarter of what we have been waiting for all this while and wish they will speed up the necessary arrangements to ensure the remaining half and quarter work is completed as far as we unemployed nurses are concerned.
We would like to use this opportunity to congratulate all 2016 nurses and midwives who have been successfully cleared and posted to give their services to the nation in our various hospital across the country.
We thank our untiring media houses for their stance and support to all our activities to ensure our freedom and Success during the days of demonstration and picketing on the road and around the Ministry of Health, not forgetting our parents and all concerned Ghanaians who shared our plight with us.
We will like to use this medium to remind Government and the Ministry of Health that, about 730, 2016 batch of NAP/NAC and 500 Registered General Nurses (RGN) resit nurses were not captured on the financial clearance and are still at home.
The 2017 batch of Nurses (NAC & NAP and RGN, RMN, RM) with a total number of about 20,000 are yet to be given financial clearance. We are pleading on government and the Ministry of Health to as a matter of urgency release the financial clearance to this groups of nurses on time in order to avoid psychological trauma that the previous batches were taken through by government.
We are calling on all our colleagues who were not given clearance to remain calm and resolute as we await official communique from the Ministry of Health in that regard. Follow ups would be made to ascertain the way forward if the Ministry remains mute and play deaf to the issues at hand.
RAMADAN MUBARAK !
ENDORSED BY THE REGIONAL REPRESENTATIVES.
Office of the president of the Republic of Ghana
Ministry of Health of Health
All media Houses.