Ardent member of the opposition National democratic Congress (NDC), Elikem Kotoko has described the recent predictions by popular prophet, Rev. Isaac Owusu Bempah as an unacceptable gross disrespect to the chief Imam and Islam in general.
He believes it is time the Christian council of Ghana and other revered religious institutions stand up to condemn such acts by Rev. Owusu Bempah who has a penchant for such doomsday prophesies.
In his opinion, the actions of the prophet has the tendency to jeopardise the peace and stability the country has enjoyed all these years amid peace co-existence.
See his 9 point write up on the subject below.
- Rev Dr Owusu Bempah’s PREDICTION is highly unfortunate and condemnable
- One can now question the kind of spiritual advise or counsel the president is benefiting from someone who is this reckless, ‘cos he has never been able to even “predict” his own marriage breakdown but only made himself a prophet of doom on others
- Can our Christian council come out on this and not remain mute, they need to act by way of sanction if not, then advise Owusu Bempah
- Does our Veep, @MBawumia have anything to say, why is he mute in the mist of this, ‘cos he once said we needed a blend of Christians and Muslims at FH, we have it today and his Imam’s death is the wild “prediction” of his boss’ spiritual father’s.
- As a nation let’s pray for Gods guidance and protection, and longer life for the Chief Imam
- Owusu Bempah must be warned to refrain from such utterances that risk throwing us into an abyss
- This is a call on Ghanaians in general to condemn Owusu Bempah’s act, both Muslims and Christians have since before independence lived harmoneously and it won’t be just during the tenure of one particular govt that our lasting peace fiber will be touched.
- Let nobody panic or give currency to this god of man who is trying hard to be called a man of God, his utterance was a mere PREDICTION and not a PROPHECY
- Ghana is a SECULAR state and it remains so, an epitome of our diversity