Investors are required to go through the following application procedure to obtain a Free Zones license
- Incorporate a company in Ghana with the Registrar General’s Department.
- Obtain and complete the GFZA Application Form (US$ 100) and submit with the following:
- Business Plan
- Copy of Certificate of Incorporation
- Copy of Certificate to Commence Business
- Copy of Company’s code
- Evidence of possession/lease of real property or intent to acquire such property
- MOU with potential clients
- Environmental Protection Agency Permit
- Evidence of Funding/Capital Transfer
- Any other relevant document
- After completing the application and submitting it with all the necessary and required documents, and upon receipt, GFZA will notify the prospective investor of the status of his/her application for license within 28 working days.
At least 70% of annual production of goods and services of Free Zone Enterprises must be exported; consequently up to 30% of annual production of goods and services of a free zone enterprise are authorized for sale in the local market.