Opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC) strongman, Elikem Kotoko has berated embattled former Ghana Football Association President, Kwesi Nyantakyi, saying his recent media rants was exposing him further.
According to him,Mr. Nyantakyi gave himself away when he explained on Accra based Oman Fm that he could not meet the demand of 400 thousand dollars being requested by the Tiger Eye PI team before they will drop the number 12 expose on him.
He said ‘’ Nyantakyi also alleged that Anas and his team demanded a bribe of $400,000.00 from him which they eventually negotiated down to about $150,000.00 to kill the story, lol. If indeed this cock n’ bull story was to come from anyone, not the learned lawyer, it should have stayed only with the wife who first let us in on this and those who doubted it certainly outnumbered the vulnerables who believed it, coming from a woman; a sympathetic point of view. Nyantakyi should know better, if he didn’t do anything wrong, WHY then was he allegedly negotiating with Anas, as he wants us to believe, what was he negotiating then?’’.
According Mr. Kotoko, Mr. Nyantakyi’s plan and strategy of doing damage control is rather exposing and sinking him further, adding that he must revise and review that strategy.
See his full write-up below.
I got the chance to listen to excerpts of former GFA boss, Kwesi Nyantakyi’s interview on Oman FM and I wasn’t surprised at all.
- Interestingly or coincidentally he chose no station other than Oman FM, which belongs to Kennedy Agyapong, a strong critique of Anas and someone who offered a reward to anyone who is able to harm Ahmed, then after the journalist was harmed and killed, turn around to offer another reward to anyone who is able to help bring the “culprits” to book, when actually, he is a suspect himself, especially having exposed the identity of the undercover investigative journalist. I am certain the Oman fm platform was a specially designed one to help Mr. Coefficient do some damage repairs; I doubt if it was a success!!!
- Nyantakyi consistently kept stressing the fact that he only knew the late Hussein Ahmed Suale. According to Nyantakyi, he met the deceased about ten (10) times, once at Coco Vanilla, in the UAE thrice and in his (Nyantakyi’s) private residence among others. It is again interesting how all Nyantakyi’s references now seem only to be to the deceased, Ahmed.
- When asked if he ever met Anas himself, he said NO, because Anas himself never got involved (how he knew remains a mystery) but acts as the terrorist group ISIS does; contract people to carry out their agenda only to lay claim when executed.
- i) If you claim to know and have met Ahmed severally, and you know he works for Tiger Eye PI, what then is Nyantakyi talking about?
- ii) Does Nyantakyi personally know the identity of Anas, for him to tell categorically if he met him or not?
iii) In anycase, why does Nyantakyi think Anas himself ought to be directly involved, when he is the boss. A simple classical example; Whenever Prez @NAkufoAddo decides to rip us of millions of dollars, does he do so himself, no. He used @MBawumia to procure both @ghanapostgps and medical drones from @zipline. Again he used Ursula Owusu for KelniGVG and Shirley Ayorkor Botchway for the Oslo Chancery deal. Lastly, he used Agyarko for the AMERI deal review and so when it went wrong, he could easily discard Agyarko, period. He should therefore not expect the bosses to be directly involved or always on the field.
- An accusation by Nyantakyi that the methodology of Tiger Eye PI is criminal falls flat in the face of the average citizen especially when your corrupt practices were exposed, letting us know our president was never himself and found his way only into the pockets of people; highest bidders.
- Nyantakyi also alleged that Anas and his team demanded a bribe of $400,000.00 from him which they eventually negotiated down to about $150,000.00 to kill the story, lol
i.) If indeed this cock n’ bull story was to come from anyone, not the learned lawyer, it should have stayed only with the wife who first let us in on this and those who doubted it certainly outnumbered the vulnerables who believed it, coming from a woman; a sympathetic point of view
- ii) Nyantakyi should know better, if he didn’t do anything wrong, WHY then was he allegedly negotiating with Anas, as he wants us to believe, what was he negotiating then?
iii) If he suspects blackmail, what was the first step for him to have taken, had he reported this incidence ahead of Anas’ exposé only then will Ghanaians have taken him serious, he should rethink his damage control strategies. The world’s richest man, Jeff Bezos just suspected The Enquirer of blackmail and he has immediately made it known… As a lawyer Nyantakyi, who was able to draft two contracts (MOU) within an hour should know better, he let down his guard on this
- I believe Tiger Eye PI never went out purposely to expose Nyantakyi, I am tempted to believe their goal was to just expose the rot at the GFA, anyone who came their way was just going to be a victim of the investigation, then in the process the biGGest fish of the association was seemingly identified to be a one-man mafia all by himself.
- I do not entirely trust the work of Tiger Eye PI either because so long as the video was edited, there are equally questions that beg to be answered, ie.
- i) WHY did they not (in the interest of fighting and exposing corruption) extend their investigation to follow Nyantakyi thru to the presidency for Ghanaians to ascertain if indeed the pronouncements by Nyantakyi that
- The president was broke and needed money badly was right
- Indeed a certain 5-4-3-2-1 formulae does exist at the seat of govt, which has for long now been tainted with a corruption tag, as confirmed by @anticorruption agency, Transparency International with our recent CPI ratings.
- The president was in his pocket and other pockets
- The said contracts his promised were indeed going to be awarded if the monies were paid
- Someone must have truncated the process either;
- i) intentionally to avoid collateral damage to the presidency or
- ii) simply because their mandate (scope) didn’t extend to that level, which I doubt
It will be a beautiful case to be fought in a competent court of law, I pray Mr. Coefficient will proceed, in the name of clearing his name
Friday February 8, 2019