True to his words, the North East Regional Secretary of the ruling New Patriotic Party (NPP), Lawyer Sulley Sambian has provided details of a list of projects undertaken by the NPP between January 2017 and March 2020 and those undertaken by the opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC) between January 2012 and January 2017.
Lawyer Sambian had earlier indicated that the ruling NPP between January 2017 and March 2020 had initiated Twenty Five (25) projects out of which a whopping Nineteen (19) have been completed successfully, while the NDC having initiated Nineteen (19) projects between the period stated, was only able to complete Nine (9) of them.
He therefore promised to serialise the various projects embarked upon by the two political parties in the area in a bid to expose the NDC for persistently telling lies about the ‘massive’ infrastructure it has undertaken there.
Having provided a detailed list of the projects by the two parties, BestNewsGH.com reports Lawyer Sambian as indicating that the 19 projects carried out by the NPP excluded the Free Senior High School (SHS) and the Planting for Food and Jobs beneficiaries.
See the details of the projects below:
The completed projects by the NPP are listed below
- 6 unit classroom block at Nabulik – completed
- 6 unit classroom block at BUST – Completed
- 6 unit classroom block at Boaterigu – Completed
- 3 unitclassroom block at Naniik -completed
- 3 Unit classroom block at Jilig Primary – completed
- 3 Unit classroom block at Nanyiar JHS- Completed
- 120 bed capacity Boys dormitory at NABS completed
- 230 bed capacity Girls Dormitory at BUST complete
- 6 Seater WC WASH facilities with mechanized borehole at BUST -completed
- CHPS Compound at Tojin completed
- I CT lab installed wirh computers and projector at Bimbagu Girls model school – completed
- Disability Resource Centre at Bunkpurugu -Completed
- Extension of Electricity to Duuklouk, Kpentaung, Jilig No.2, Bassarik, Tatara No.1, Tatara No.2, Kinkangu, Namoar, Jagouk, Pagnatiik, Tojin, Saukbauk, Gbetmunpaak paak, Nanyiar, Sinsabjina, Gbankoni, Gbadauk, Kambatiak, Bifuak, Gbingbanmong etc-completed
- Construction of 12 No. Boreholes in basic schools – Completed
- Construction of Nyalinkpi-Baagure bridge- completed
- Kpentaung Bridge
- Construction of 9 No. Footbridges such as Bunkpurugu -Tojin, Najong No. 1, Najong No.2, Nanyiar, Nanyiar-Paak, Bufuak, Kambatiak, Gbadauk, Badilong.
- Tusug Dam -completed
- Saanbiruk Dam- completed
- 13 No. Modern Urinals at selected market eg Maanbabiga 2, Gbankoni, Bimbagu 2, Kinkangu, Kambagu, Kambatiak, Najong No.2
- 3 unit classroom block at Boagure- Completed
Those completed by the NDC are as follows:
Completed Projects from 2012-December 2016
- 3 Unit classroom block at Gbingbanmong
- Boaterigu CHPS compound
- Tusug CHPS compound
- Boys dormitory at BUST
- Girls Dormitory at NABS
- 3 Unit classroom block at Nanyiar Primary
- Kunkwadan CHPS compound.
The following are pictures of some of the projects under the New Patriotic Party from 7th January 2017 to 18th May 2020.