Ruling New Patriotic Party (NPP) strongman and Editor-in-Chief of the Statesman Newspaper, Gabby Asare Otchere-Darko has adopted a young boy who accidentally drank caustic soda and had to undergo a life-saving surgery at the Korlebu Teaching Hospital.
This was after he paid the medical bills for the surgery which has since been described by medical professionals who attended to the boy as very successful.
He has taken full responsibility for the boy and will take care of his every need, while ensuring that he recuperates fully.
Mr. Otchere Darko rescued the young boy from some street preachers around the Sikelele traffic light near Emmanuel Eye Clinic at East Legon in Accra, who took advantage of the young boy’s condition and used him to solicit for arms from the public.
Mr. Otchere-Darko who is also the founder of Danquah Institute (DI) said the young boy had been stationed at the particular point for some time, explaining that he had noticed them and therefore decided to lend a hand, culminating in his decision to pay for his medical bills.
BestNewsGH.com is informed that things turned out for the worse when the tube that had been connected through the young boy’s mouth to the stomach got infected and put the boy’s life in danger, making it impossible for him to sit.
It became necessary for the young boy to undergo an endoscopic dilatation of the oesophagus using balloons at the cost of 3,500 dollars.
It is a procedure used to open up the Oesophagus that closes through a stricture developed as a form of injury when the child drinks caustic soda.
He said the young boy is doing better after the surgery and will be fully fit soon.